Just a quick note that we’ve moved on to Pocahontas SP and are getting settled in. In the meantime, you can check out our quick review and some pictures of Bull Run right here.
Posts tagged: Bull Run Regional Park
We’re still in Bull Run Regional Park and will be for a couple more days. We’ve been taking care of all the little details needed for us to actually get “gone”. Here’s a quick idea of what we’ve been up to…
- Jeff at Adrenaline Offroad installed new ball joints in my Jeep – I’m now comfortable towing it long distances, but still need a new front drive shaft.
- We installed a new battery charger in the RV, as it still isn’t charging the engine battery when we’re plugged in – this is a hack until we can track down the real issue, but it works.
- We dumped the waste and refilled the water tanks – I’ll probably write an article on this later for those who don’t know what’s involved.
- We re-arranged almost everything in the basement storage areas. We got a bunch of bins from Costco that allow us to stack much more in the basement.
- I installed the TV, Playstation and HD antenna – We get a handful of very strange channels on the TV, so I’ve clearly got to figure out something there.
- We bought a new radiator heater for our long-term wintering in Florida… It should do a better job than the small forced air heater when we’re parked.
We’re going to be re-arranging quite a bit more as we settle in, but it’s getting there.
I added a new tab up above for the parks and places that we’ll stay at. There’s not much there now, but we’ll fill it in as we go. My sprained ankle is slowly on the mend, so hopefully I can do some exploring in Bull Run before we head out this weekend. I’ll update the page for that once I can.
Other than that, we’re just muddling along… saying goodbyes to friends, remembering last minute things we need to put into storage (or reclaim from storage), last minute maintenance, etc.
Well, the house is officially rented and we’re out. We’ve relocated to Bull Run Regional Park, which is about 20 miles away. We’ll be here until the 23rd, then start working our way south. We’ve got at least three days of solid rain forecast and temperatures should be dropping steadily. That’ll make arranging stuff in the RV a bit more of a hassle, but I guess we should probably get used to it. 😉
The park is pretty nice, but since I’m coming off a sinus infection or smthng and I managed to sprain my ankle a few days ago, I’m not really up to checking it out very much. Hopefully I’ll get some more pictures and info about the park later.
In the meantime, we just wanted to post up and let everyone know that the adventure has actually and officially begun!
My lovely wife has said that I can’t end this post without showing some of our hard work… Here’s a couple shots of the kitchen and family room. You might recognize them from a previous post I made… Just imagine a big fish tank, some rugs, etc. 😉