We continued to remove all traces of laminate underneath the fixtures. The only thing left remaining on the plywood is the linoleum that is used under the sinks and drawers. Some of the old laminate was glued on top of this laminate under the fixtures. We cleaned and scraped off any and all traces of glue and put down the first layer of patching. We’ll most likely do a second layer tomorrow. The sections that need patching were underneath the old glued down laminate.
Also, before we took any action regarding our seat belt dilemma, we called Newmar Corp. The customer representative gave us the confidence to remove the bolts, he said the bolts were screwed in differently using lag bolts and indicated we shouldn’t have any problem. The bolts were not technically lag bolts (lag bolts have pointed ends) but hex bolts with some sort of threaded nut under the plywood. Newmar Corp came through again! Thank you Newmar, you guys rock! We have resolved our seat belt dilemma! Hurray! !
We did the following on Day 4:
- removed all traces of the old laminate (even under fixtures)
- patched some areas of plywood
- resolved our seat belt dilemma
- made one trip to the hardware store
The end of our prep work is in sight! We have about another day of prep work and then we can start laying down the new floor!